rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Easy way to lighten your hair (for guys with blond/light brown hair)

Easy way to lighten your hair (for guys with blond/light brown hair)

I didn't see any threads directly on point, only about dealing with grey hair. This is a thread that explains how those with blond or lighter hair can lighten their hair very easily, spending little.

I was born quite blond but I noticed my hair starting to become darker at the age of about 27 or 28. I made a few adjustments, experimented a bit with different products, and now my hair is back to a nice blond. I can do it cheaply and very easily, and I don't have to go to a professional.

John Frieda makes hair-lightening shampoo and conditioner, and also a spray that's particularly effective.

I use their hair lightening shampoo (for blondes/lighter-haired) Monday through Friday.

Then I use the color balance shampoo and color balance conditioner on weekends. I have more free time on weekends so I use the conditioner then, whereas M-F during the mornings I don't want to spend a lot of time fucking around, so I just shampoo my hair and I'm done.

Once or twice a week I use some of the spray to really lighten my hair after showering, then use a hair dryer to really melt in the spray.

As I said, my hair is back to a nice blond. I can control the color level by using the spray only once per week, as opposed to twice, or not blow drying my hair after using the spray (as I said, it seems to really melt in the spray if you blow dry your hair afterward).

Is some of this overkill and perhaps bullshit? Maybe, but it works overall - feel free to experiment to see if you can cut out certain steps. I find that using the shampoo balances out the dramatic effects of the spray - the spray is really strong. The color balance shampoo and conditioner seem to make the color seem more natural and blend better. You don't want to look bleached. I look natural.

Total cost: maybe $10/month. As we all know, some girls really go for light hair, so it's worth looking into for guys who want to go lighter, or who were blonde but now have brown hair.

Messages In This Thread