rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Bill Cosby thread

The Bill Cosby thread

Quote: (11-19-2014 06:36 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2014 06:17 PM)Badamson Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2014 06:11 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

^^^

Cosby was never criminally charged with anything. He was never civilly sued for anything.

I don't care if 1500 people accuse him of something. If there were a basis to it, there would be cases filed against him.

Cosby is a powerful, successful, respected man. These women are nobodies. He is a target for every guttersnipe out there.

Fair enough, but actually he was civilly sued and settled out of court. His lawyer even had to amend the statement about past allegations being discredited to exclude the one made by this girl, as it would have violated terms of the settlement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-cosby-settles-lawsuit/

This article said she went to the police a year later, but they didn't file charges.

I'm sure they didn't file charges because there was no evidence.

What possible evidence could she have brought to the civil trial then? Probably nothing but her big mouth.

Actually, there's a good chance he would have lost since 12 women came forward to testify(so 12 women's big mouths.) Once his lawyer realized he wasn't going to get the case easily dismissed, that's probably when he decided to settle.

Anyway, I've had fun debating with you guys, and I'm glad we had a civilized discussion on some very delicate subjects, so no hard feelings to any of you who disagreed with me. I guess we can agree to disagree, and I've pretty much said everything I wanted to say on the matter. Safe to say, if we're not persuading each other by now, it ain't going to happen.

I'll just leave you with this: Bill Cosby's spirited alpha defense

vs. Woody Allen's defense:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/opinio...s-out.html

One of these men I can support. The other, I can't even.

Messages In This Thread