rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eminem raps about being violent to a female pop star and people take him seriously

Eminem raps about being violent to a female pop star and people take him seriously

Quote: (11-11-2014 02:32 AM)dholland662 Wrote:  

Who is Lana Del Rey? I mean, is she like a feminist singer song writer or something?

She is one of the many new trust fund girls who now control the culture. Others include Taylor Swift, Megan Trainor, Ariana Grande, and Lena Dunham.

Back when I grew up, having your pop stars (or TV icons) be a bunch of rich girls would have seemed as ridiculous as soap actress Morgan Fairchild trying to "rock out." It would have been considered Mom Music and dismissed by anyone under 30.

But for some reasons, Milennnials take to this stuff. Milennials -- at least the younger ones -- have never given us a Beastie Boys or a Nirvana or even a Rolling Stones. They're content to buy the Disney-approved pop stars of the mainstream media.

The closest we have to pop rebels now is rappers, but we've had them (and better ones) since the '80s. And on top of that, most rappers embrace the mainstream real quick.

Where is the new Alx Rose? Where is the new Eminem? Where are the men in pop who are so politically incorrect they frighten Washington Wives like Tipper Gore into starting political groups like the PMRC (Parents Music Resource Center) to get their music banned?

Hell, I'd settle for a new Marilyn Manson, even though he seemed a bit cartoonish at the time.

I know I keep repeating this same stuff about trust funders, but I'm trying to get it out there. It bothers me to no end the mainstream media isn't covering these stars like this.

(For those who don't know who Morgan Fairchild is, she's an actress who specialized in playing bratty rich women. She was also in those goofy Old Navy commercials from ten years ago.)
[Image: s5et000z.jpg]

Messages In This Thread