rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Strength Training

Strength Training

Quote: (05-02-2011 03:01 AM)houston Wrote:  

I weighed myself today and I'm the biggest I've ever been in my life. My arms and upper chest are starting to look defined finally. Still trying to get rid of this fucking beer belly though. I can't wait to see how I look in a year.

Fat loss is signifigantly harder while lifting. If you really want to drop the gut, I'd stop everything, go to mostly cardio with light weight lifting and monitor absolutely everything you eat. I dropped 40 pounds in 3 months by doing this.

After that I hit a wall so I changed up and tried Atkins for another 2 months, dropped another 15 pounds. This is where I picked up and started going hard into lifting.

Be warned too, if you dont cut the fat first you're going to look WORSE as you add muscle. When I was in school I was lifting 4 days a week, 3 hours a day. I was built like a fucking ox, weighed more then I ever have (280) but I liked absolutely terrible because I had a heavy layer of fat that was exaggerated because of the large muscles underneath it.

The fat caused none of the cut definition to come through, but showed all of the bulk. I look at pictures of me from back then and just cringe.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Messages In This Thread