rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are your Favorite Movies?

What are your Favorite Movies?

I would first like to point to the excellent Red Pill Movies thread as a starting point, but also to not cause confusion or to make anyone think this is a dupe.

This thread is for our favorite movies, whether they be blue pill, red pill, left-leaning, right-leaning or straight up apolitical. It does not matter, just as long as they move you and have impacted you in some way whether it was through wonderful themes, good writing,a strong emotional impact or just sheer entertainment value. I'd like to share some of my personal favorites:

Crimes and Misdemeanors: This thread was inspired by a Return of Kings article that gave an in-depth analysis of this movie. This is one of Woody Allen's finest. I am a huge Woody Allen fan, and have seen almost every one of his movies. In many ways this is the most pessimistic and bleak films in his filmography, but strangely enough has a bit of hope in the end.

The Man Who Planted Trees
: A short animated French Canadian film about a man going his own way, and making the world a little bit better in the process. Elzeard Bouffier loses his wife and only child and decides to plant trees in a desolate an barren land in France. While war ravages the continent he contines on undisturbed and brings life and beauty to a countryside. You can find the entire movie in great quality on Vimeo or Youtube. I find it to be about the creative and loving side of masculinity that is not often explored.

Princess Mononoke
: The only movie about 'environmentalism' that doesn't talk down to its audience and inundate us with condescending didacticism. The 90s had many atrocious environmentalism-themed shows and movies like Ferngully, Captain Planet and Steven Seagal's On Deadly Ground. The humans in this movie are not just destroying the environment out of short-sighted greed, but for the survival of their Iron-making tribe. The spirits and gods of nature are not portrayed as pure, but in fact are in the process of falling from grace. The art and animation is breathtaking and is one of Studio Ghibli's finest. In fact it was the first Studio Ghibli movie I saw and introduced me to an awesome series of movies.

Aliens: There has been so much positive said about this movie. What I love is how it is one of the few movies that portrays the 'strong independent women' well. The women are vulnerable, competent and likeable. So many strong female characters nowadays are portrayed as bull-busting bitches, but the women here could easily be in the company of men and earn their respect. Setting that aside, the action and special effects are awesome, and the relationship between Newt and Ripley is the most touching ever put on screen.

Finding Nemo: I would recommend you check out Confused Matthew's review, as he goes over many of the movie's strong points.

He covers many of my favorite movies better than i could:

Terminator 2

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Back to the Future

Hook: This is probably the silliest of my favorites. A large part of the reason I love it is because it was a childhood favorite. It is also one of the most epic silly movies ever made with an awesome cast, spectacular set and costume design, and a musical score that conveys the magic of Neverland. Other favorite guilty pleasures of mine include: George of the Jungle, Legally Blonde, Miss Congeniality (blatant you-grrrl-ism!) and Mallrats.

What are you favorites and why?

Messages In This Thread