rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help Me Make My First Location Independent Move To SE Asia

Help Me Make My First Location Independent Move To SE Asia

Hey guys!

I'm happy to announce that I'm planning on making my first location independent move to work on my business at the end of January - I'm staying here in Canada until then to be with friends and have support as I release my first product and go through the "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna fail" type stuff XD.

It's a bit of procrastination too, admittedly since there's nothing holding me back here from moving but I'd prefer the comfort right now in doing the first steps of the business.

But that's another reason why it's important to buy a fucking ticket NOW. I know I over think, and no matter what my brain will say "I'm not ready" or "I need more research" so I want that cut off.

I love Asian women and want to learn more about Asian culture, so I want to head over to work in SE Asia/Asia proper. I plan on moving to the more expensive places (Japan, Singapore) eventually but not now. Need cheap places to live and grind.

Latin America and Eastern Europe will be later, I just can't get Asia out of my head.

Here is what I'm looking for:

1. Good internet - Everything I do is blogging/writing based, so I need reliable internet.
2. Safety and cleanliness - Pretty self-explanatory.
3. Easy to arrange for a VISA
4. Sexually open women - I prefer to not have extremely socially hindered or closed off women via the culture, such as in China. They don't have to literally jump me in the street, just I don't want them scared when I try to kiss them (it's happened [Image: tongue.gif])
5. Good healthcare and can get stuff like a gym membership
6. The cheaper the better - D'uh [Image: tongue.gif]. Ideally, less than $1K/month, all expenses (living, food, partying, etc.)
7. Location - I like a mix of beach and city life. If I was near a beach I'd probably never work lol.
8. Community - Easy to find people, English, to hang with.
9. Friendly Locals - For international friends and girlfriends [Image: wink.gif]
10. English - I plan on learning a new language next year and especially one for wherever I'm heading, but it'd be good if I didn't have to worry too much about nobody speaking English.
11. Good night life and things to do - Again, self-explanatory.

My searching has turned up with the following (oft-suggested) options:

1. Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
2. Bangkok, Thailand
3. Chiang Mai, Thailand
4. Manila, Philippines
5. Davao, Philippines
6. Guangzhao, China
7. Bali, Indonesia

Guangzhao is only on the list because I have a friend there and the tickets can be FAR cheaper. I have travelhacking points I will be using, but in terms of taxes, going to GZ is $100 and Thailand around 700!!! I've heard you can speed from Asian city to city pretty cheaply though, so might consider that option...

Either way, those that have been to SE cities, where do you think is a good first place to get my feet wet? I plan on staying in cities for 3-6 months at a time.

I'm booking a ticket end of November either way to make sure I don't make any excuses.

Thanks all for your input!

Messages In This Thread