rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The foreign daygame She-Approached-Me-First thread

The foreign daygame She-Approached-Me-First thread

Quote: (11-13-2014 04:51 AM)Onto Wrote:  

Quote: (11-13-2014 03:31 AM)mindanao Wrote:  

I noticed lately a lot of actually attractive girls smiling and giggling walking past me. This is the stereotypical response of young girls in public in the Philippines in the presence of a Canadian/American! A group went past me and they all greeted me today. I then went on thinking "I love the Philippines!" go back to Canada and it is back to the whole boring thing with girls walking past you, ignoring you, and you thinking, ya I got no probability with these chicks. Now that I think of it, there are literally examples that fit this thread from every single day living in this country! So barely even worth sharing cuz this is just normal every day stuff in this country, yet rare once you are outside this country.

It is true that some girls will walk past in groups smiling and giggling, and even if they are by themselves they might do it as well and I'm a middle aged, bald and stocky guy.

However, in my experience, there are even more girls that don't. I think it's just that when it happens once, twice, three times, in a morning it can seem like a lot because it won't ever happen in the West. So I'm not sure I would agree it's stereotypical behavior upon seeing a westerner. Maybe in Gensan and other small towns.

This certainly won't happen nearly as much in Manila walking around Greenbelt or Glorietta as it will in Davao. And though I've never been, I'm sure in Davao it's much less than Gensan, CDO or Tagum.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the attention, I do miss that about the Phil.

Yes. That is the cool aspect of the things that fit in this thread. The attention you get by the girls first. It adds a lot of meaning to interaction in public. And I guess it is true that what I am seeing is more Mindanao stuff. Makati is a step closer to another Toronto, so this stuff does not really happen. but if you are walking around Tagum or GenSan yes it will happen. But your observations on frequency, is that based solely on your own experiences? It should vary by person. I think when girls see a tall, slim, white American their reaction might be more noticeable. When it comes to retired white man walking in the mall, it is nothing at all, while middle aged like yourself still get attention. Only attention for the older ones will be online. While Philippines gets away easily with super young girls getting super old guys, even here, it seems like flirting with men much older than me or you in public is certainly not evident. Will be interesting to see the responses in Zamboanga [Image: wink.gif]

Messages In This Thread