rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medical (physician) Career Data Sheet

Medical (physician) Career Data Sheet

Quote: (11-06-2014 08:50 PM)Hedonistic Traveler Wrote:  

I've looked into becoming a Physician's Assistant a little. It seems like a solid career plan. The M.A. programs I've looked at are just 24-months, and it seems like PAs have a decent amount of opportunities to work abroad, especially if I can pick up fluency in a second language in the next few years.

My sister became a Nurse Practitioner after nursing school, it seems like that's a similar level to a PA. She makes pretty solid money for 5-years of school, and seems to enjoy the work.

Are you a doctor?

Not a doctor. Looked into it a bit and friends/relatives work in the field.
I am sorry I didn't at least do the pre-med req's when I was in College.

Phys. Assistant is good b/c you obviously don't have the huge time commitment and hours are less grueling. I think they make 120-150k or so.

Nursing can also be good and you can pretty much work anywhere and I believe other guys have posted threads about Travel Nursing.

For older guys thinking about going back, there are post-bacc pre-med programs. You also have med-schools in the caribbean [Image: idea.gif]

It's not easy but I know of people who have gone back to med-school at 40.

Messages In This Thread