rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you religious?

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 01:20 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2014 01:18 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2014 11:55 AM)redbeard Wrote:  

Modern, American, Christian churches are terrible. The only ones that promote good values are small Southern Baptist/Pentacostal churches, but those go way too overboard with brick and mortar beliefs.

Until a church starts promoting men to be alpha males and for women to get back to the kitchen, I will not be a regular at a church.

Dalrock is a great writer about the modern church, values, feminism, etc.

http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/...esnt-wait/

He has some great posts breaking down modern church practices.

His major issue is about how the church is now promoting divorce. I wholeheartedly agree.

Whats a 'brick and mortar' belief? I attend a southern baptist church and the only negative I see is that they are suspicious of outsiders.

I meant "fire and brimstone." My mistake.

You know the type..."go to church or you're going to hell."

I've never heard that in a church.

I have heard stuff along the lines of 'unless you believe in Jesus Christ you're going to hell.'

Which is a true statement.

Churches that try to sugarcoat that are not doing anyone any favors. That's the core tenet of Christianity, after all. Either you faithfully believe Christ sacrificed himself for mankind's sins, was buried, and rose again or you don't.

Christians want to save people from hell.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Messages In This Thread