rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best VPN service while traveling?

Best VPN service while traveling?

Quote: (01-03-2016 07:45 PM)Linure Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2016 12:58 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

I signed up for a trial of 1 month with privateinternetaccess.com. Installed it on my OSX and Windows partitions on my laptop, as well as on my iphone.

Set up is so easy that it feels like, "is that it?"

But after a day of using it, there are a couple of issues I found.

* Tinder doesn't work well with VPN. Maybe VPN interferes with the location services for Tinder? (although Google Maps had my correct location within 100 meters)

* I tried sending email from my iphone to my other email address, and it wouldn't send. Turned off VPN on my iphone, and email went through.

Am I doing something wrong?
Changing the server might work. A lot of ip addresses you get with a VPN are on black lists. The reason for this is that you share now an IP address. If you use those with your mail address the provider might block them.

So PIA is blacklisted on some servers?

Actually, the PIA problems are getting worse. The VPN has been frequently getting disconnected. Sometimes I'm able to reconnect with the VPN, and sometimes I'm not. I sent in a support ticket.

No idea why this is happening, but my impression of PIA is not a good one so far.

Messages In This Thread