rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

approaching with limited language skills in Brazil

approaching with limited language skills in Brazil

This might belong in the Travel section, but I recently moved to Brazil from the US, and I have some mixed feelings about my long terms plans. Maybe some of the Brazilian members can chime in.

Quick background:
nonexistent game, modest passive income, average appearance, clumsy yet conversational Portuguese

I understand that simply coming to Brazil isn't going to get me laid and that I need to put in the work. With that said, I have a few questions.

I'm in Rio now, but I'm strongly considering moving to Belo Horizonte for greater language immersion and to decrease cost/improve quality of living. Am I shooting myself in the foot by going to a place where English speakers and tourists are less common? My Portuguese isn't good enough for drawn out conversation. Given my budget, night game is mostly out.

I figure if I approach enough, I'll eventually meet someone that digs my look and won't mind the language barrier. Does it make sense to be direct and establish intent right away, or should I just try to befriend everyone I can for language practice and focus on social circle?

Also, does anyone have any experience going "full-time"? I know everyone has a point where burnout is inevitable, but I've been waiting a long time for this opportunity, and I had the idea in my head that my new 9-to-5 was gonna be chasing tail. Progress may not be linear, but it's definitely a numbers game. Is it realistic to choose a handful of daytime venues and cycle through them day to day, approaching as many girls as possible? Just writing that sounds a little nutty, and I don't want to get called out for being some creepy campus stalker dude, but right now my mindset is go hard or go home.

Messages In This Thread