rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recommend good entrepeneur stories

Recommend good entrepeneur stories

"Meet Me at the Top" by Sarina Russo (business autobiography). Net worth in 2008 was $100M. Starting worth was nil.

Decent read. She goes into sufficient detail, both in the timeline of her business, and in her business systems and methods, to make this an insightful book. Not much fluff - just the random chapters about the 9/11 attacks and her getting to dine with Bill Clinton. Book gets right into it and doesn't drag (as long as you skip those two chapters).

Also I'd like to review 'Made in Korea', the supposed biography of Chung Ju Yung. I felt that only about 20% of this book was actually about Chung Ju Yung, which is disappointing because the guy was a huge man (worth $6B in 1997, started out working for his father in subsistence farming). The rest involved a lot of talk about Korean history, politics, and economics. I would have liked to have seen a lot more details about his day to day activities, how he organized his businesses (especially pertaining to how he was able to manoeuvre so fast), how he hustled deals etc. This is more of a history book than a biography.

Messages In This Thread