rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need a Plan.

Need a Plan.

I'm in a similar boat. I majored in mechanical engineering, but never had much luck finding a job with that. I think having a "bullshit degree" is not so much the problem as getting your foot in the door somewhere. That's the difficult thing. You don't learn much of value in an engineering program either, trust me. After finishing a master's in engineering I went to China and studied Chinese, and did some tutoring on the side. That was fun, but also worthless as far as career advancement. I sponged off my parents the entire time, so at least I am not buried in debt. After China I was living at home for a while, and did menial tasks for my parents' business.

Over the last six months, I've been trying to start an online information product business (with a business partner who had expertise that we made into a product). We do some sales, but I doubt the business will ever make enough money to justify the amount of time and effort we spent on it. Honestly, the info product thing isn't easy. We are in a large, underserved, and desperate niche, and we have objectively the best product in that niche, and it's still pretty difficult to make much money.

I'm looking into either doing some math tutoring or going back to China to teach English since I don't really have a lot of other options.

Messages In This Thread