rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Vietnam experience (datasheet)

My Vietnam experience (datasheet)

Quote: (10-21-2014 09:34 AM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

Vietnamese men are anything but timid. I've seen more fights and shouting matches here in 2 months than I did in the past year in America. Last month I was looking for somewhere to eat, and these three dudes flipped over a table right in front of me and started wailing on a fourth guy for God knows what. I order food and they walk back in a few minutes later, and one of the guys says "Hello sorry" and smiles at me.

There's something raw and instantly explosive in the psyche...yet it's mixed with delightful charmingness.

My taxi driver in HCMC was yelling at a guy on a bike trying to turn around in the middle of the street. Taxi driver whips out a METAL PIPE and starts waving it madly at the guy from inside the taxi, yelling in Vietnamese. Bike scoots off and driver says "sorry hahaha. For him!" *gestures to pipe*

It's like, the opposite of Thailand, where everything gets done with a fake smile, cool head and a settlement. In Vietnam it's shouting and metal pipes and fists. Then instantly back to normal, lol.

Messages In This Thread