rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Vietnam experience (datasheet)

My Vietnam experience (datasheet)

Quote: (10-21-2014 10:40 AM)Veloce Wrote:  

You can't take a man from one part of the Earth, drop him in a completely alien environment, and expect him to thrive.

Why so much focus on the place, rather than the man?

A man can in fact 'drop himself' in a Chinese city for 6 weeks, and in that period he can acquire basic spoken Chinese, finish a Tolstoy novel, add one pound of solid muscle, game any girl who crosses his path and achieve multiple bangs, inspire locals and establish the foundation for lasting friendships, all while tending to his online business and pre-existing skill set.

He will then accomplish similar results in Tashkent, Tbilisi, Addis Ababa, Seville, San Salvador, and Belo Horizonte. And that is what I call thriving. It requires a lot of drive and discipline to sustain the above lifestyle, but why characterize something unrealistic when this forum itself is filled with living examples to the contrary?

Messages In This Thread