rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Vietnam experience (datasheet)

My Vietnam experience (datasheet)

Compared to a place like Thailand I don't think Vietnam is as scammy but everyone has different experiences. You have to research what are the legit taxi companies because there are fake ones that ripe off tourists. People will hustle you for change, drugs, ladies, etc but they aren't that pushy. When buying bus tickets always research online for scam companies or travel agents.

Generally, even if you get a tourist price in a backpacker area it is still incredibly cheap. Food is super cheap here, perhaps the cheapest food pound for pound in terms of quality in the world. I can get a steak dinner for under $2 at a sidewalk restaurant, $5 sushi lunch specials, $5 indian food. You can always get a sandwich for a $1 and Pho for $1-2 and beer is super cheap as well (75 cents for a bottle of Saigon Special, 50 cents for regular Saigon).

As for the girls, I think they are in the top tier in Asia along with Thai, Korean, and Japanese girls BUT I think girls in Saigon are a lot hotter than elsewhere such as Hanoi. Since its so hot in Saigon the girls wear nice shorts and its always good sitting on the sidewalk like a creep watching skinny girls in short shorts driving by on their scooters (you'll never see anything like that in America in 100 years). You see lots of hot girls in clubs but you have to test to see if they are working. The girls generally are very sweet. They have not been corrupted by the west or by money like Chinese girls. But they don't speak good English generally and you don't get as much of diversity of looks as in Thailand or Indonesia. All the girls sorta look the same.

Also, when I said the North was cold I really meant it in relation to the South. People in Saigon are incredibly friendly. Maybe its the warmer climate. I don't know but it reminds me more of SE Asia whereas Hanoi seemed more like mainland China. It's not that people are mean in Hanoi, it's just not the same vibe as in Saigon.

Messages In This Thread