rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need advice on how to proceed with my job..

Need advice on how to proceed with my job..

Hi guys

TL; DR: Do you use your job to supplement your social life or are you career driven?

I'm in a rather complicated situation so I'll try keep it simple and to the point.

2008-2011: Bursary with a major logistics firm to study mechanical engineering. Graduated end of 2011.
2012-2013: Got shipped off to another city +-1000 miles from home. Multiple issues with work, new environment, away from family, no friends etc. Became very depressed and after a while I sought help and got back onto the right track.
2013-present: Requested and was granted a transfer back to my home town. Have started lifting/gymming, eating right, grooming, new style, ditched negative influences in my life. I also purchased a property and started investing as much as I can every month.

Here's where the problem comes in. I am still stuck in a shitty job. It's soul-sapping, politically driven and run by tyrranical incompetent management. There was talk of moving me again, but for the mean time that is on hold. My job isn't stable and should I leave, I still owe a significant bursary debt (which I can pay but will completely wipe out all my savings and pension.

The job is having 2 influences on me. 1: making me doubt my abilities as a young professional. 2: making me consider 2 options going forward, these being "chill, milk it and focus on developing a side business and grow my social circle" and the other being "use the time, money and good hours to get a better education so that in a few years I'll be marketable and can make a career"

Intuitively I know I should kick ass at my job and develop my education to make a career.

I'm just curious as to how you guys approach your jobs; to supplement your personal life or to make a career, work hard and reap rewards later.

I'm a white male 26 years old earning a good salary (for my country at least)

Thanks

Achilles

Messages In This Thread