rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help Me Choose a Motorcycle

Help Me Choose a Motorcycle

Quote: (10-14-2014 09:23 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Fisto, this is slightly off-topic, but if your experience with bikes is limited, I highly recommend taking a quick motorcycle safety course while you're in the states. In Cali, passing the course gives you lower insurance and you can skip the driving portion of the test (if I remember correctly), but I took it just for practical purposes. They'll take someone who has never been on a bike at all to road-ready. My own experiences were severely limited and I barely knew how to operate a motorcycle when I showed up but left with a perfect score on the final test.

More importantly, I've had a few lifelong motorcycle riders who told me they took the course and learned things about handling a bike that they never figured out on their own even after decades of riding. I know some of the small, extremely counter-intuitive things I learned have saved me from crashing way more times than once.

Look into it.

Yeah I absolutely intend on taking the course, don't worry.

This Triumph Scrambler looks cool as hell but I can't find one that's used.

Messages In This Thread