rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Warren Buffett predicts Hillary Clinton will win Presidency in 2016

Warren Buffett predicts Hillary Clinton will win Presidency in 2016

Don't see the big deal here. It's pretty obvious she's poised to win should she decide to run unless one of three unlikely factors are present:

1. Something scandalous comes out about her.
2. The Democrats somehow fuck up so colossally that the general public has no choice but to return to the GOP.
3. Some charismatic new GOP candidate comes out that turns the party on its head in the public eye. Although Rand Paul is good, I don't see him doing this, and Christie certainly won't.

Quote: (10-09-2014 03:19 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

Warren Buffett is, I think, wrong. After 8 years of inept Obama leadership, it's going to be very tough for a Democrat to win. Just like 2008 sucked for Republicans, 2016 will suck for Democrats.

The demographics in a general election are now just so awful for the GOP that in the present status quo they simply cannot win national elections anymore. They haven't had a very decisive electoral win since 1988. Obama was very vulnerable in 2012. Unemployment was historically high for a presidential election and the healthcare law was very unpopular. He still trounced Romney in the electoral college.

I wonder if the GOP regrets their overwhelming Yea votes for the 1965 immigration bill. I know I would.

The fact of the matter is that the current demographics of the country plus the electoral college system is equaling a long-term domination of the White House for the Democrats. Unless something radical happens, this will continue for the foreseeable future.

We'll see if the GOP retakes the Senate this year, which might make them a bit more favorable for 2016, but I just don't see them overcoming this hurdle in either case.

The general election is pretty much going to now be decided by the Democratic primaries. And, given the current field, Hilary is far and away the dominant favorite for those primaries should she decide to run.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Make sure you make yourself as able to withstand it as possible, and if you are in a swing state where Congressional or Senate seats are up for grabs, vote for the GOP to create gridlock.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Messages In This Thread