rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Are Your Views On Euthanasia?

What Are Your Views On Euthanasia?

I dunno man. I can respect where you're coming from, but I think I disagree.

There are levels of pain that make life not worth living. Sometimes they get better, sometimes they don't. If they don't, and you're just suffering and suffering, I don't think there's anything wrong with ending your life.
Whether it's okay for a doctor to do it is a question I don't know if I'm qualified to answer. But if someone I knew was in such pain and misery that they couldn't sleep, they couldn't eat, they couldn't do anything except sit and feel terrible every single day for the next several years, I would support them if they decided to end their lives. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I wouldn't stop them. And given that a person has a right to take their own life, why is it wrong for someone else to help them? If they're going to die, why shouldn't it be in the most painless way possible? The alternative is them going out to a shed and blowing their brains out, or jumping off the golden gate bridge. How is that better for anyone?

I don't know that nature has a time table. I don't think that's a thing. And I certainly don't think that you have an obligation to say, suffer 3 years of cancer and then die as opposed to ending your life immediately, even if this creates emotional turmoil in the people around you. It will cause them suffering, sure, but if your life is so bad that you're willing to end it, the suffering it will save you is doubtlessly greater.

Messages In This Thread