rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone See A Chiropractor Regularly & Do You Like It?

Anyone See A Chiropractor Regularly & Do You Like It?

I have a lot to say on this, I'll try and keep it brief.

I've had several injuries relating to neck and spine. One as a teenager, another later on when I got hit by a car while on a bike about a decade ago and had a serious work place injury about 5 years ago.

As I sit here typing this, I am in better spinal and craniosacral health than most of the population.

Chiropractors. Like all fields of health, it depends on who you get and what their particular ethos is in regards to what they practice. From my experience, I can tell you, I never had a good one. I responded badly to the treatment, which I found to be violent and heavy.

A lot of them are outright scam artists. Anyone who offers you a payment plan set up over regular visits should be avoided like the plague. If someone is purporting to heal you, but is locking you in to what amounts to a lifetime of treatment, then they ain't interested in healing you.

Then I discovered Osteopathy, and I shudder to think about where I'd be if I didn't.

I've seen several, and right now I'm seeing one that is regarded to be one of the best practitioners in the world, but all of them have been helpful to some degree.

I needed a lot of work initially, but was told right from the outset that the goal is to reach a state where I wouldn't need their services any longer.

The treatment is...next level. It's targeted, tailored and customised to the body and the issue. Adjustments are safe but effective. I always walk out of a clinic feeling freer and taller.

I've had some very long in depth discussions with my Osteopath on the nature of musculoskeletal health and the impact it has right throughout the body, relating to all kinds of crazy things like auto immune, but leave that to medically trained forum members to get into if they want.

My Osteopath is the reason I got into the gym. I had been mulling for years about it, but he put it in no uncertain terms: "You can see me once every two months for the rest of your life, or you can get into the gym and develop the muscle structure you need to hold my adjustments in place and stop regressing, up to you."

I didn't wait for the thinking music.

I got a trainer to show me how to do things with correct form and placement, and my Osteopath spoke with him about what I can an can't do and what to focus on.

Now I lift solo, and I lift heavy.

I used to go monthly, now I go twice yearly, largely for monitoring and check ups.

Changed my goddamn life. I get to age without significant back and neck problems and anything that does come up is ironed out quick.

If you're asking me, it's a no brainer. Even if you think you are in good health, sometimes what is creating tension in the body is below conscious awareness.

"Pain is certain, suffering is optional" - Buddah

Messages In This Thread