rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lack of Aggression

Lack of Aggression

Yes, I feel this too.

It comes down to who you want to be. Do you want to be aggressive? If so, why?

Are you okay with being more calm, collected, and passive?

Are you comfortable enough with a more passive personality to let yourself sink into that role?

We live in a society where extroversion is favored over introversion. It is seen as a negative, on the whole and compared to the opposite end of the spectrum, to be an interovert.

That's a poor ideal to uphold, I think. Introversion leads to many wonderful things that extroversion does not so much.

Aggression is more tied to extroversion so if you do not feel comfortable going against the norm, either adjust your comfort level or become more aggressive. That means lifting, perhaps consciously going out to spit some game, and setting really high goals (maybe even a bit impossible).

I am introverted and passive. In New York City, this is one of the ultimate social taboos to commit here, along with being seen as boring. So I get a lot of flack, though nothing I can't handle. Mostly I just feel out of place here. But I let the incongruence flow through me, and I don't let it bother me too much. In the end I always get what I want, regardless. There is much value in being zen and letting others trip over their own aggression.

Messages In This Thread