rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

California Gov Jerry Brown signs "Yes means Yes"

California Gov Jerry Brown signs "Yes means Yes"

Quote: (09-29-2014 09:32 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

I remember Jerry Brown's first run as Governor. The press started calling him "Ozone Man" and he was having an affair with Linda Ronstadt. He was running for president and had this outdoor rally with coordinated lighting that looked reminiscent of a Nuremberg rally and he was criticized for it. How did this nut ever get elected again? I guess the American public has a short memory.

Here is an interesting essay on this topic by Paglia:

"Colleges should stick to academics and stop their infantilizing supervision of students’ dating lives, an authoritarian intrusion that borders on violation of civil liberties. Real crimes should be reported to the police, not to haphazard and ill-trained campus grievance committees."

"Current educational codes, tracking liberal-Left, are perpetuating illusions about sex and gender. The basic Leftist premise, descending from Marxism, is that all problems in human life stem from an unjust society and that corrections and fine-tunings of that social mechanism will eventually bring utopia. Progressives have unquestioned faith in the perfectibility of mankind."

https://time.com/3444749/camille-paglia-...hend-evil/

Indeed, the colleges are set up for failure here, as someone else pointed out. If something really does happen and a woman is assaulted, they get sued and worse for not following this idiotic new law. If they do follow the law and paint some guy as a sex offender using a private court with a preponderance of the evidence standard, they get sued for defamation, libel and who knows what else.

I can only imagine the clusterfuck that would have ensued had this law been in effect during the Duke lacrosse case.

Messages In This Thread