rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1+ years in Singapore - Datasheet
+ years in Singapore - Datasheet
I have been an expat in Singapore for 2.5 years now. I agree with a lot of what Zerdame has written here. Naturally I have had a slightly different experience but he is a local Singaporean writing it from both a Singaporean and expats perspective and I appreciate he is trying to cater to both crowds. Sure a tourist rocking up here largely playing the online game is going to have an even more difference experience still. I honestly rarely bother with online bar the occasional half assed tinder swipes as I can get far superior quality cold approaching (and it's more fun that way).

Anyway, I'll come back on the points you raised in order:

1. Singapore is hard for South East Asia but in general, globally it is actually quite easy. If you're a white guy banging SPGs like me that is [Image: smile.gif] But to be honest the local girls bore the shit out of me bar a few exceptions and the circles I run in is mainly expats, westernised Singaporean locals (or other asian nationals) and of course partying in the higher end places your SPG bottle rats come as part of the package. I have slammed plenty ex pat chicks and westernised locals as well as SPGs - just mainly from the higher end (ie non-Clark Quay) party scene. The quality is generally fairly high (from feedback I have received from various guys) and it's been pretty easy if I compare to back in the UK. SNL-ing in particular. But yeah Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam etc are a different league again and make Singapore look tough. The main issue is when you get to the real top end girls then you have some seriously stiff competition here. They have plenty of rich worshipers and are used to banging expat dudes with model looks, loaded and have solid game to boot. I'm talking early/mid 30s guys who own nightclubs and yachts and shit. I even got cockblocked by an ex F1 driver once. But still, for a white guy, compared to London Singapore is a fucking turkey shoot.

Now for a local I am sure your experience is very different and yes I do feel sorry for local guys, the local girls seems to have some kind of superiority complex. What with the womans charter and men being punted off to the military for a couple of years to come back 2 years behind their previous female college class mates, it sure cant be easy. I have many local friends who tell me the stories and even with the local girls who only stick to their own kind still have a suprising number of local dudes whizzing around in Lambos and on tables with 20 bottles of champagne. One walk round the KPO carpark on a Friday night should confirm this.

2. Agreed, logistics aren't that big a deal. As long as you dont live on the complete other side of the island. Cabs are cheap and generally easy to get. Sometimes there are phases in the night where it's impossible to get a cab but in that case it doesnt matter if you live 1 minute drive away or 1 hour, you aint banging. Cos unless your apartment is literally the next block you aint walking cos of the heat.

3. Daygame isn't really my bag but I can see how it would be difficult. You even stop a local to ask directions and they look at you like you just shit in their hat. Casual conversations with someone on the street is a little out there for the locals, just a cultural thing I guess. I know Bodipua came over here for a bit and found the daygame almost pointless.

4. I wouldn't say theres 'no' white god factor. But it is significantly less of an affect here than anywhere else. I would say bar Hong Kong and perhaps Korea (from what I've heard but never been), being white is less of an advantage than any other place in Asia. Just cos theres so many other rich white ex pats that you just dont stand out as much. But you still have some advantage for sure.

However there are some disadvantages to being foreign: I have been to a few local clubs where the chicks run away if you talk to them cos you're white. In those same clubs I have also had some rich spoilt chinese kids on a table literally grab me by the throat for talking to one of "his" chicks (and within the first 30 seconds of a casual conversation). So I presume most of these girls scarper from you as they dont want to be labelled with the 'slut' tag with her peer group and also knowing the guy whos paying for all their drink will have a spaz out. Also a lot of the malay bouncers will hate your guts and looking for any reason to throw you out or, in the rare worst cases, even give you the kicking of your life.

5. Amen. it is shit expensive. Boozing especially. Tho certain things like cabs, MRT and eating in foodcourts are still pretty cheap. At the same time, depending on your line of work you can make a shit tonne of money here to offset and the place is clean, efficient and very easy to live in.

6. Agreed. Although I am guessing you are talking more from the local perspective but this is still very true for the ex pats also. After living there a year it gets to the point where I meet a chick and if I add her on facebook you will have c.4 mutual friends. Two are her friends whom you've already banged, 2 are your friends who have already banged her. The higher end chicks especially have to be very careful of this so you need to demonstrate you can show discretion (ie don't go for a sloppy makeout in the middle of the dancefloor etc, and for the SNL quietly sneak her out of the club unbeknown to your or her friends).

I had a fair sized hareem going pretty much the whole time I was here but was mainly expats and SPGs with one or two local girls thrown in. But again I think it's different for local guys and girls, there is a lot more gossip and particularly judgement for you guys I would imagine.

I would also add at this point that one of my favourite things about Singapore is getting out of it. ie you can work at a well paying job then book a flight to so many destinations in SE Asia and fly direct from Changi on one of the many budget airlines very cheaply. Generally you can fly for a long weekend to Jakarta, HCMC, Bangkok or even Manila and your all in cost (flights, accom, transfers incl) will probably end up the same or even cheaper than a big weekend in Singapore. You can party hard in another city, bang all round you and not worry about building up a rep there. While in between you can work social circle game back in Singapore and hang out with the many cool people you can meet there.

I got flamed before for this but my experience has been a lot of chicks (SPGs mainly) more or less expect you to pay for everything in Singapore too. Just really depends what type of girls you are going for. I largely prefer the party girls who believe me could snap their fingers and three thirsty expat guys would deliver them a Hermes handbag within the hour. That's just their reality. I am mid 30s and dress sharp so I often get tarred with the same brush but I will make it very clear I am a different breed. But even the expat girls are at the same shit. Just cos every other guy throws $$$s at them it is just expected. I generally stopped bothering with dates as they would be costly, boring and time consuming. Only the few girls with real fun personalities I would take out for dinner and drinks (and they would mostly pay their way anyway), the rest were just as easily banged via SNL or 3am booty call to come join me in whatever club im at.

Any questions or thoughts let me know.

Irish

Messages In This Thread