rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lifting when traveling

Lifting when traveling

Quote: (09-28-2014 01:36 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

I don't know about south east asia but I've never had a problem getting a day pass - except at an exclusive gym in London that only did personal training sessions. The hardest part has always been finding the gym. Once you know where it is just go in and ask if you can get a day pass. Most places offer an affordable option ($10-$20), the ones that didn't (with the exception of the one noted above) just let me work out for free.

My experience is limited to different cities in the USA, but I think a lot of gyms here in general don't even bother with people that don't want to become members which means not letting out of town people use their facilities. A lot of them do give out free trials, but that's only to locals. I was in Seattle recently for a week and I pretty much had to lie about just having moved there in order to have them give me a trial. They asked for ID, and upon seeing my PA driver's license, they asked if I had anything else that could prove that I was from Seattle. I lied that I literally just moved there for work, had no time to settle in thus no bills or anything else that could prove I was a local. I was up to my eyes in bull shit that day but eventually they let me use their gym. Probably would not have even attempted this hoax, but I lied initially and they kept forcing me to lie further in order to cover up previous lies.

In terms of hotel gyms they're hit or miss. I've been to Hyatts that have a lot of machines and bar bells, which I guess is good for upper body day. But no squat rack or anything along those lines. Other hotels will have little more than a tread mill or two, and maybe other types of cardio equipment if you're lucky.

If you're traveling for a long period of time, I'd recommend figuring out a body weight regimen, as it can be quite annoying negotiating with the salesmen at various gyms and having to hear the sales pitch every time you switch places.

Messages In This Thread