rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Middle Age weight gain

Middle Age weight gain

This is an old story, but the findings are interesting:

http://www2.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Arc...-tire.html

Even when you look at runners, most of them still will gain weight as they age. I'm realizing that it's very difficult for me to lower my body fat percentage. My dietary habits I'm pretty sure have not changed much since my 20s, in fact I probably eat healthier now than I did then. 20 years ago, I weighed around 145lbs. Now I'm 190lbs even though I'm way more careful about what I eat and get way more exercise. And it's extremely difficult for me to stay under 190. If I start starving myself and skipping meals for while and exercising, I might dip into the mid 180s. Getting into the 170s seems like a pipe dream. I'm somewhere between 20-25% body fat and would like to get down to 15%, but can't seem to be able to do it.

If you are clearly obese, like someone who is 5'8" and 250lbs, diet change and exercise can cause rapid weight lose. But you get to a point where you start hitting your genetics and that same effort starts making minimal difference. I can tell my body wants to be around 190-195.

I'm starting to lose hope and feel like fighting your genetics is a Sisyphean task.

Messages In This Thread