rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entertaining People at Your Spot Without CableTV

Entertaining People at Your Spot Without CableTV

Question for guys on here who have ditched cable but have a TV in their place and have people over every so often - cookouts, house parties, whatever.

For my personal use, I am happy with just an internet subscription and netflix. I don't watch sports and can get any content I need online. But I've had people over for a cookout at my place with friends and family a couple times this summer, and I found myself still wishing I had cable -sports, MTV, etc, just to have it in the background...

The way my place is set up, the TV is the main focus of the living room and the couches surround it - which is great for me if I'm watching a movie or documentary. But when people are sitting on the couch the natural thing is to turn on the TV. I didn't want to have them browse netflix (they could see all the titles I've recently watched, something I don't really care to show everyone)

For the guys who have cut cable, do you ever entertain people at your place and wish you still had it? Have you found something to replace it or is turning on Netflix, etc working for you? Are there websites out there that I can get streaming sports 24-7 (again I don't really watch sports so I'm ignorant there)

In college my roommates used to put on a hour-long music music video mix DVD he created that worked really well for pregames. I was considering looking into something along those lines.

Anyway, you get the idea- I was thinking through this and wanted to see how other guys that have cut cable have adapted when having people over to your place and they try to turn on the TV, etc.

Please spare me with "i never have large groups at my place" or "find new friends that don't like TV" trolling.

Messages In This Thread