rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Stevie Wonder Appreciation Thread

The Stevie Wonder Appreciation Thread

Sorry about being late to this party. Had to put a few words in for Brother Stevie.

For those of us who loved his music, but weren't musicians themselves, it was easy to like him, and yet you didn't know exactly what made him a musical genius. This video should help clear up the confusion for non musicians like me.

A few years back a funk musician tracked down a multitrack master from the recording session for "Superstition." In the words of the internet, what he found out about the main groove of that song will surprise you!

Also here is a full tv concert from Germany in the seventies.

Nice version of "Don't you worry Bout a Thing"at 11:21

Also a rousing take on "Superstition" at 28:23 with, if you remember her, Deniece Williams playing the horn part with her voice.

I also find that a good cover by another band came bring songs by your favorite artists back to life.

Here are a couple of prodigies with their takes on Stevie:

Sunghu Jung with an instrumental rendition of, you guessed it, "Superstition."

And the amazing Inhyeok Yeo during his version of "I Wish," in other words, not Superstition.

Seventies soul. The best.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Messages In This Thread