rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Manaus and Barranquilla Dilemma

The Manaus and Barranquilla Dilemma

Quote: (09-23-2014 11:53 AM)Americas Wrote:  

The problem with second and third tier cities is they can sometimes be real shit holes, especially in Latin America. For example, I would never actually stay in Manaus because outside of the very small historic centre, the place is kind of a dump. I would never be "happy" there so I have really no interest in the city. Not bad for a visit and as a launching pad into the Amazon, but that's about it.

If I don't like a city for a number of reasons such as transportation, food, general feeling, architecture, and culture, then I won't want to stay there. Girls alone are not the reason why I set up shop in certain cities.

That being said, there are plenty of second or third tier cities that are great places to be. I have really enjoyed cities like Bucaramanga, Cordoba, Mendoza, Belo Horizonte, Morelia, and Merida.

I agree with this, if I think that a city sucks but has lots of easy women to chase, that's still not enough to make me stay there, I'll definitely spend a few days there for the easy poon but no more. On the other hand, I've stayed for several days, even weeks in places where I wasn't getting laid just because the natural surroundings were so nice and/or there was so much to do, Koh Tao and Pai in Thailand come to mind. Its funny because 20nation and I have such different tastes in cities, he's a big fan of Cebu and Barranquilla while I think that they're dumps, we were together on the Colombian coast last March and I had to leave Barranquilla after two days and go diving in Santa Marta, I couldn't take that city!

I"m planning on going back to Colombia soon and I think that this time I will spend at least a month in one of the coffee zone cities (Pereira, Manizales or Armenia) and try to spend as much time as I can in the surrounding country side. I think I'm over the big cities now and am looking forward to the slower pace of the smaller cities, we'll see how it goes.

Messages In This Thread