rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to Colombia on Wednesday September 24th! Help needed!

Going to Colombia on Wednesday September 24th! Help needed!

I like this guy's style, book a last minute flight to a dangerous third world shit hole without doing any research, fuck ya, this is how legendary stories begin! Bogota is a pretty cool city and you'll have lots of things to do and see while you're there, here's some tips:

-Stick to the zona rosa area after dark, you should be on dates and partying at night anyway, so its a good place to be for someone who doesn't know the city, especially if you don't speak Spanish well. There's lots of bars and clubs up there to choose from, I highly recommend going to Gringo Tuesdays at La Villa, its a great way to meet women but get there early, before 7 but 5-6 is best, its also decent on Thursday as they have group salsa lessons.

-Check out La Candelaria during the day, go to the museo del oro and the Botero museum, walk around the old streets and see plaza Bolivar but get the fuck out of there by night, it fills up with crack heads and riff-raff (backpackers) down there.

-Safety: Its safe if you aren't an idiot, don't be trusting of strangers even though Colombians will be very nice to you, watch your drink at bars, don't leave things like your wallet or phone on tables. If a girl seems way too easy, there's probably a reason for it, proceed with caution. Don't whip out your smart phone on the street, step inside a store or whatever and don't speak loudly in English on it in the streets. Don't go out with ATM/credit cards at night, leave them home and don't have more cash than you're willing to lose should you get robbed. Don't wear too much bling when you go out, but do dress sharp, especially at night in the zona rosa. Some of these safety tips are a bit much.......the best advice I ever received from a Colombian was this: "don't present the opportunity for someone to take advantage of you because if you do, they will."

Taxis: Use the Easy Taxi app for peace of mind or call a taxi from a hotel or restaurant, I've hailed them from the streets many times but there's been stories of people getting jacked doing that.

There will be a Milenarios (Bogota soccer team) home game while you're there, I highly recommend going, here's the schedule: http://www.ligapostobon.com.co/calendari...illonarios

The strip clubs in Sante Fe are fun but super ghetto, don't go there alone day or night, if you want, I can link you up with bilingual Colombians (deportees from USA) who will take you there or guide you around the city for a reasonable fee, just PM me.

Good luck and have fun.

Messages In This Thread