rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

First ever lifting session a few questions.

First ever lifting session a few questions.

Just had my first ever lifting session [following stronglifts]. I did deadlifts, squats and the bench. The deadlift I think went relatively fine but there's a few things I need clarification on regarding squats and the bench.

For the bench I was pretty sure I was following proper form [Hips and upper back on bench making a lower back arch and elbows 45 degree to torsoas well as shoulders tightly squeezed together] yet I didn't feel anything on my chest and mainly felt it in my biceps and upper back.

In regards to squats I think my form was fine but I couldn't fully finish off my 5 sets [and this is with just the bar!!!]. I done one rep on the last set and my legs just gave in and my form was terrible on the last few reps in the 4th set so I didn't finish off my last set.

I just want to ask whether or not these things are normal for a noob? How fast can I expect my strength to go up considering that I'm on a cut [Was obese now overweight].

Messages In This Thread