rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you guys do to get good regular sleep?

What do you guys do to get good regular sleep?

Good regular sleep is sort of the final frontier for me, it makes a huge difference in my life but I can't seem to stick with it, so I wanted to see what guys do to get into decent sleep patterns. I've had difficulty falling asleep since high school, tend to stay up really late and have also never been a morning person. My mom and grandmother are exactly like that too so I think there's some family factor in there.

Here are a few things I do/try that help but don't get the job totally done:

-I tried sublingual melatonin about six months ago, and that has made a huge difference. I'm sleepy 30 minutes after taking one almost without exception.

-I'm a night owl and can/do spend hours reading books I have lying around or shit on the Internet (although I don't make a habit of watching super-late-night TV). so I have to reserve some willpower for the final "put the book/computer down and go the fuck to bed" psych-out.

-Days I work out tend to get to sleep earlier.

-Packing my work bag and workout gear the night before tends to calm me mentally and leads to better sleep.

-My job schedule is pretty flexible, so if I need/want an extra half hour of sleep I just take it. Also when I have work travel I arrange it to be accommodating to my sleep/health needs moreso than the cheapest possible flight; no really early/really late/red eye flights for work purposes. Skimping on my long-term health is not worth saving the company a couple hundred bucks. I used to have to go cross country once a month, without exception I would get sick upon returning and lose half a week of productivity in bed.

-I've become less tolerant of staying out late with friends or girls the past couple years; I need my beauty sleep and prioritize it ahead of a late night out that will fuck up my snooze

-No joke, a good fap tends to put me right to sleep, but due to aforementioned night-owlness, I'm often _too_ tired or too intellectualized to fap it out.

What have you guys found works?

Messages In This Thread