rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Loss of Interest in Sports and American Women

Loss of Interest in Sports and American Women

Recently, I noticed that my decrease in interest for sports and American women started at roughly the same period in my life. About 10-12 years ago in NYC, I was in a quarter life crisis (my mid to late 20s). The college fraternity life that I had once enjoyed with social status and lots of cute girls was becoming a distant memory. I was having a hard time settling into to my career and life in the big city. The success with women I had enjoyed in college was replaced with disappointment and confusion. Girls seemed different...I struggled with connecting with them and laying them. In retrospect, my Game did not adjust to this phase of my life and more importantly to the changing attitudes of women.

A trip to Brazil changed my life forever. I found a land of feminine beautiful creatures who were interested in me. Upon returning to NYC, I committed to dating foreign women. It wasn't until later that I adjusted my Game for American women. But even with this adjustment, I had little interest in sharing my time with a woman of my own culture. My friends didn't quite understand my preference for foreign women, but in time they did.

I am not certain if it is related, but at the same time my interest in sports started to decrease. I had once been a fanatic about baseball and football. I know all of my favorite players statistics and everything about "my team", a term that seems silly to me now. In the fall, my Sundays would revolve around watching my favorite football team go to battle. Sometimes, I would watch alone. Often, I would watch with my friends at a sports bar with the other grown men in jerseys yelling and cursing at the screen.

It wasn't a conscious epiphany, but I slowly started to shift my attention away from sports to other topics: politics, philosophy, history, art, and traveling. I became an avid reader. My friends didn't understand this shift and seemed to feel betrayed.

Presently, I still follow sports a bit. However, I find myself more interested in the cultural and financial aspects of the games (e.g. Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson situations or the various contractual negotiations). I haven't watched one inning of "my baseball team", whereas there was a time when I watched almost every game. I don't even know who the quarterback is on "my football team". In the past I could name every position on other sides of the ball.

The loss of interest in American women and sports seem related in some way. Maybe it was my realization of not being the all American guy which seemed to fit in my college years. Perhaps it is a by-product of becoming an international man, becoming disillusioned with my own culture, and the evolution of my tastes and preferences. Still it could be the observation of a cultural decline and an urge develop a meaningful life in a different way. Nothing represents success in America more than the Quarterback and his blonde hair, bue-eyed perfect girl.

So this Sunday, instead of gorging on nachos and light beer in a sports bar cock-fest, I will hit my favorite mall, coffee shop or sushi place to meet a cute asian, latina, or russian girl who doesn't know the first thing about football and is likely spending her sunday in a feminine activity of shopping, grabbing a coffee or getting her hair or nails done. Because that is what a cute foreign girl does on Sunday.

Messages In This Thread