rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is working in SW Germany realistic if you are EU citizen but can't speak German?

Is working in SW Germany realistic if you are EU citizen but can't speak German?

Quote: (09-18-2014 12:11 AM)Cheetah Wrote:  

Quote: (09-17-2014 07:58 PM)beta_plus Wrote:  

Quote: (09-17-2014 02:25 AM)w00t Wrote:  

Frankfurt is the crime capital of Germany and in neighbourhoods like Bonames or Nordweststadt I certainly wouldnt wanna walk around alone at night

Theres also a huge drug scene and the area around Hauptbahnhof is full with junkies and crackheads

The talent level is ok for German standards, lots of opportunity for daygame and nightgame

Americans must have it pretty bad if they consider Germany a significant upgrade regarding quality of life

"Americans must have it pretty bad if they consider Germany a significant upgrade regarding quality of life" - YEP! Though I would qualify only Americans from certain metro areas.

As for danger, for someone who grew up in DC during the Bad Old Days (late 80s early 90s Crack Wars) and who goes to Baltimore quite a bit, it takes quite a bit to impress me on a city being dangerous - which Frankfurt did not. Right now, unless the city is in the middle of a civil war, the only cities that I think that I would regard as dangerous would be certain Latin American slums or Sub-Saharan West African Cities.

I'm absolutely not saying that you should disregard Frankfurt due to crime but keep in mind when camparing that it's a big difference if you tend to transport yourself by walking/using public transport as opposed to driving everywhere. If you drive everywhere it obviously needs to be much more sketchy before it starts to have an impact on you.

I don't and have never owned a car - I live in one of the very few areas of the United States where one can do this. I am very used to walking through bad neighborhoods. Respectfully, I'd pick the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof station area over West Baltimore, Buffalo Central Terminal, or 30th Street Station in Phili any day of the week. I actually partied for several hours at one of the new bars near Hauptbahnhof. Quite frankly, Germany's criminal underclass doesn't tend to assault and murder people nearly as much as America's.

Messages In This Thread