rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Coffee Thread

The Coffee Thread

"Coffee greases the wheels of capitalism"

I can't find the person who this quote belongs to and I'm fairly certain I didn't come up with it. Regardless anyone who's every tasted the other black stuff knows that when you need to get shit done, this is 'get shit done' juice (also not 100% sure I came up with that, does anyone else feel as though they are constantly plagiarizing others?). Anyway that's why I feel that one of my favorite drugs and I'm sure one of yours deserves it's own thread. I realize that several people have done threads on coffee related matters e.g. buying coffee, coffee shop game and the whole bulletproof coffee trend so I hope no one feels as though I'm stepping on their toes.

My idea for this thread is for people to share brands they like, brewing techniques and any unique methods they use to jacked on legal speed. Also I know that more than a few of you have stories involving blood shot eyes, gritted teeth and sleep deprivation all aided by black gold. So I'll get things started with a recipe for Irish coffee and like all things Irish yes it does contain alcohol.

Irish Coffee Recipe
1. Whiskey: one healthy sized shot (or two depending on how sick you are)
First and foremost let’s not fuck about this is the most important ingredient, if you don't have it don’t bother. It doesn't have to be Irish whiskey, it doesn't even have to be good whiskey the reality is the other ingredients are going mask the taste.

2. Good Coffee
This one should be obvious, if your using freeze dried coffee it will still taste good but fresh brewed coffee is always preferred.

3. Baileys Cream Liquor: 1 – 2 tablespoons depending on preference
This can left out if you don’t want as much alcohol but your fucking yourself

4.Whipped Cream: 1 – 2 tablespoons depending on preference
Make sure to get heavy whipped cream as this is used to top off the coffee and light cream will just sink

5. Brown sugar: 1 – 2 teaspoons
You can use white but if you’ve gone to this effort you might as well get it right, brown just tastes better for this

Optional
One of them fancy glass coffee mugs with the curved handle

Step 1:
Put a spoon in glass to prevent cracking and add a little boiling water to heat the glass. Dump water once glass is heated
Step 2:
Put in whiskey and sugar. Mix well
Step 3:
Add coffee and baileys cream to the glass. Mix until sugar is completely dissolved. Make sure to leave space at the top of the glass for the whipped cream
Step 4:
This part is a little tricky as it’s for presentation purposes. Hold your table spoon with the back facing up against the side of the glass. Pour cream over the back of the spoon.

Congratulations if you’ve succeeded then it looks something like this:
[Image: Classic-Irish-Coffee.jpg]
If not you fucked up, so drink it and make another

"You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge" Scroobius Pip

Messages In This Thread