rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

#WhyIStayed Hashtag: The Usual Drama

#WhyIStayed Hashtag: The Usual Drama

This is related to the Ray Rice thread, but I think it deserves its own post. In response to the Rice scandal, a woman named Beverly Gooden started a hashtag campaign to raise awareness about domestic abuse survivors, #WhyIStayed.

The Daily News quotes her in a story: "I hope those tweeting using #WhyIStayed find a voice, find love, find compassion, and find hope."

Let me drop some knowledge on you all: women like this get with guys like that because the love high drama, and then they create campaigns not to help others, but to recapture and prolong their own private soap opera.

When they leave an abusive guy, they usually just find another, because they're drawn every emotion being amped up to eleven. Any guy who treats a woman like this well will be rejected as "boring" or "wimpy" or "I think of you like a brother."

It's a huge mistake for White Knights to try and "save" these women. People don't change, for the most part, and women definitely don't respond to patronizing "campaigns."

For further details, see the 1982 teen movie "The Last American Virgin," which slips in the shiv after tricking you with comedy into letting your guard down.

Messages In This Thread