rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Personal finance thread for men serious about settling in Europe

Personal finance thread for men serious about settling in Europe

Quote: (09-09-2014 03:18 AM)saeta119 Wrote:  

Not all Europe is the same first of all, Eastern Europe cost of living is much lower (but also salaries are low too).

Finding a job at least here in Slovakia is quite easy, but you are looking at a salary around 1,500/month

I moved here with less than 10k, found a job within 2 months and been living here for 4yrs now.

You have to put things in perspective, back in the US I was making over 60k/yr and had almost all my Credit cards maxed out, while here I make around a 3rd of what I used to make but I'm debt free and quite happy living here.

That is one way of doing it. The other way is to save up 100k or more and then invest it in some business that keeps you afloat. But even in Eastern Europe - you would be surprised to find out that 100k does not buy you that much. Best is to stay in your area of experience.

Another less likely way is to find a high-level job that pays well even in EE - by well I mean around 10.000$/month or more. Those jobs are available, but it is only in big corporations.

But plenty of small businesses make you that kind of money, but you have to find a good niche - not some BS like a restaurant.

Messages In This Thread