rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gaming Other Guys

Gaming Other Guys

Quote: (09-07-2014 12:00 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2014 11:42 AM)HawkWrites Wrote:  

It's not really gaming but rather quick male bonding when it really comes down to it.

Disagree, it's NOT quick male bonding. Men only bond quickly in desperate times. Trying to bond with other guys at rush is the wrong mentality, and will probably make you seem try hard. The brothers are not looking for a friend by the end of the week. They are saying, "do we think this guy will be a good fit for our frat?" The bonding comes through months of proximity, of being hazed and drinking together. Not during rush, unless the brothers are low value and desperate for cool guys to boost their reputation.

They're looking for reasons to eliminate you. Often, frats will take your picture, and then later run your picture on a projection screen for all the brothers to watch, and people will voice their opinions. Don't give them a reason to eliminate you, but also don't be a bore and a non-entity.

If freshman rush is in the fall, the coolest frats may not have already locked down their class yet.

Participate in their activities, don't sit anything out.

I disagree with that disagreement. They're looking at whether a certain person will gel with the group and therefore there needs to be some quick bonding that takes place in order to solidify someone as a potential member.

While they may be looking for a reason to disqualify a potential candidate they're more interested in finding people who would be a good fit. Generally they'll focus on the positives primarily and then DQ on the negatives; these can happen at the same time but there is always a bonding process that takes place beforehand when you're considered for a bid card.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

Messages In This Thread