rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your mindset and belief system is 75% of game

Your mindset and belief system is 75% of game

Quote: (09-07-2014 04:43 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

My question is, how do you actually program or RE-program yourself to have these beliefs?

I was looking up affirmations just now (repeating phrases over and over again to yourself, ie "I am a lovable person", or "I accept myself completely as I am") and this study came up: https://www.psychologicalscience.org/med...9/wood.cfm

You don't. You quit game, go *fuck it* and do what you want. It's really that simple.

Tip 1. Talk to wise old people. They will all tell you how much they regret NOT DOING things they really wanted back in the days due to irrational concerns that were created out of thin air due to their self doubts. I really recommend talking to old people about life and deep stuff. It's like "back to the future" stuff, you fast forward years ahead during that short conversation, learn valuable stuff about life by just listening and then come back to your age knowing stuff that you would realize in 40-50 years. It's awesome.

Tip 2. Have you ever met very simpleminded people from the country? I love them haha they are soooooo dumb and socially unaware that they don't even understand why they should not follow their stupid ideas. There's a lesson in that.

Tip 3. Ever heard that "you can do whatever you can?". It's sooooooo cliche but the crazy thing is that it's actually true BUT... ONLY IF you stop seeking permission from external sources. You can start working out today despite having zero experience, you can try new style and buy new clothes against your friends' opinions, you can talk to that hottie sitting down on the bench even though you don't know what to say at first, etc... It might be rough awkward uncomfortable at first of course, that's ok, but there's no real reason why you can't do it and no tangible obstacle that stops you.

Read "The war of art" book. There's a lot about internal resistance and our brilliant self destructive mechanisms that sabotages us.

Conclusion: We are our own worst enemies.

Messages In This Thread