rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Logistics - which housing situation would you pick?

Logistics - which housing situation would you pick?

So I am getting last minute housing at my university and I need to tell the housing people which option I want tomorrow.

Option A: Take a dorm room with a roommate in one of the centrally located dorms on campus.

Pros: lots of girls right in the building with me, very short walk to campus hot spots, other dorms right next door. Much easier to bounce from party to party, easy to develop a decent social circle.

Cons: no idea what my roommate might be like, and obviously sharing a room means I can't just bring a girl back to bang her whenever I want.

Option B: Take a room without a roommate in a 4 person apartment in the hippie village a bit off campus.

Pros: I get my own room.

Cons: No idea what my housemates would be like. 5 minute walk to the places worth being on campus, which is no big thing except it's going to be cold as fuck come mid October. The place is isolated in the middle of the woods so it might seem pretty sketchy to girls I invite back the first time.

----

Getting my own place off campus isn't going to happen because I'm only going to be here for 4 months, and it's a lot easier to pay for school housing given the way my funding is coming in.

I'm inclined toward the dorm option, but I can't quite get over the whole having a roommate thing. I just feel like he's going to be a major league cockblocker or something. I've never had a roommate except in the army, so I don't really know how that's going to work.

So, what would you pick in my shoes?

Messages In This Thread