rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

College girl carries mattress she was "raped" on throughout campus

College girl carries mattress she was "raped" on throughout campus

Quote: (09-03-2014 07:41 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/04/us/fig....html?_r=0

Quote:Quote:

Emma Sulkowicz said she knew it would be awful to go before a disciplinary panel and describe being raped by a fellow student, but nothing prepared her for what came next. She said one of the two women on the panel, a university official, asked her, repeatedly, how the painful sex act she described was physically possible.

Already anxious and queasy, Ms. Sulkowicz, a junior at Columbia University, said she felt her body freeze up and her heart race as she tried to answer questions that seemed to her to reveal not just skepticism about her story, but also disturbing ignorance in someone who had supposedly been trained for this role.

“The fact that I had to tell an embarrassing story and then teach them an embarrassing subject on top of that felt really gross,” she recalled in an interview. Worse still, for her, was the outcome: The panel dismissed her accusation — the same result, she said, from sexual assault complaints against the same man that year by two other students.

Translation: being asked to provide evidence was a really creepy process for her, and no woman should be forced to provide evidence. A woman needing to provide evidence would simply reinforce the patriarchal oppression that runs rampant in this society.

Something about this chick reminds me of some girls I've known. The best case scenario I see for this chick is an assistant manager at Trader Joes, in a polyamorous relationship (none of her dweeb hookups coming close to her fondness of cats), frequently polishing off a bottle of wine to sleep at night, lives in debt to pay for her therapy...err, "life coaching" sessions, changes her major twice more at the expense of her parents, first art history and then literature, before graduating with a Bachelors degree at the age of 28, never finding success in life, and fading into obscurity with some beta.

That's her BEST case scenario. I take a little solace in that.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread