rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting through Calculus class

Getting through Calculus class

It's been sometime since I posted here, but I thought I'd ask for some advice. I'm taking Calculus I, after auditing the class for a month during the summer, the class is pretty such setup like this:

1. Traditional lecture - mostly going through crap on the board and even more boring shit on the screen

2. Homework - it's online and always due a week after being assigned, it's no worry to me, as it's a do or die mentality, for me

3. Quizzes - we have them a week after

4. Tests - one for every chapter, I believe they are every three or four weeks

In any event, I'm not concerned about the homework aspect - I have a big ass sketchbook, which I use to do the problems on (basically blank paper), I'm worried that, having to go through a shitload of math problems, I want to make sure that, if I see a problem on a quiz or test, I know how the fuck to solve it, are there any good pointers, one could give me? I really want to pull an A from this class, as it would boost my self-esteem, and show both my friends and parents, I'm not a dumb ass (an image, I'm always trying to shed daily).

Game - Well, it's a Calculus class, so we have alot of guys, but like three or four girls, and they sit in the back, I know one girl from class sits in the cafeteria, kind of cute, asian girl, we talked on the way back from class, she seemed nervous, because she had not done some of the problems on the board since like two years ago, naturally, I told her I'm always up for studying with someone else, and we kind of talked in mixed company later in the cafe. I found out she is a feminist, so I'm kind of leery pursuing her.

Messages In This Thread