rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Duffle Bag-You Need One

The Duffle Bag-You Need One

Quote: (08-26-2014 09:21 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Lol half of these are hideous, and half are nice. The Orvis, Filson and all leather ones are nice, the rest are not. JUST SAY NO TO NYLON.

Synthetic fibers are helplessly plebeian. Your best bet is canvas, leather or both. I'd probably go for a canvas one with leather accents. I'm concerned that leather would get dirty too easily, but I could be wrong - anyone here use an all leather one?

Also I recall Everlane has some decent affordable options.

Nice post.

Hahaha, I thought of Hitman too! Even though it's been several years since I played it.

Yes you need to take care of leather. Leather comes from the skin of animals. Its skin. Like skin it absorbs water, is prone to drying, cracking, getting torn up from sharp objects, etc. The worst is when you get weird liquids on it like the dye off denim, blood, oil, grease, etc, the leather will act like a sponge and absorb it and it will be really hard to remove without actually damaging the leather.

If your just using your duffel bag for the city, office job, hotels, etc then go leather or canvas of course. If you use it for international travel, adventures, climb mountains, get a nylon one.

Anything involving being wet you don't want to use leather.

Companies like Louis Vuitton make a mixed material composed of synthetic material and leather so no, not all synthetics are plebeian.

For the gym, you probably want something that you can stuff into a sharp locker without it falling apart, looking ugly, and smelling after a month.

Messages In This Thread