rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Duffle Bag-You Need One

The Duffle Bag-You Need One

As men of action, we are often on the go-ranging far and wide across cityscapes and countrysides in search of experiences, adventures, and women. We often spend the night away from home or find that events have taken an unexpected turn. This requires that we have “stuff”; logistical support supplying things we need along the way on our short distance trips that may last a day or two. And we need something to carry that “stuff” in. But what?
A daypack with shoulder straps is one possibility, but it has connotations of hiking or student book bags that aren’t mature or sophisticated and they are too small for our needs. Going to a full sized pack makes you look like a backpacker or homeless transient. Suitcases have a sort of middle class dorkiness and may raise the question of whether you are trying to move in with someone. Gym bags just look poverty.
The solution is the duffle bag. Not the military style duffle, the other type. They are large enough for our needs, yet small enough to carry comfortably. The good ones look cool and the top of the line ones look great. They are masculine. The right style can give off a “romantic adventurer “ vibe. They come in a variety of materials, sizes and styles so that anyone should be able to find one to fit their needs,budget, and taste. Ranging in price from $40 to $500+, duffles are available from many online sellers

Here are some examples:

Saks Nylon Duffle Bag from Overstock.com-$46
[Image: A.Saks-36-inch-Lightweight-Parachute-Nyl...208255.jpg]

Large Nylon Duffle by North Face from Ebags-$150
[Image: 205531_4_1?resmode=4&op_usm=1,1,1,&qlt=8...&align=0,1]

Medium Canvas Duffle by L.L. Bean-$60
[Image: 245389_115_41?rgn=0,0,1950,2250&scl=4.55...&id=XOJDT1]

Medium Canvas Duffle by Filson-$325
[Image: 70222-main-410.jpg]

Canvas Duffle by Orvis-$250
[Image: 5L08LS1BG.jpg]

Medium Leather Duffle by Filson-$255
[Image: 70362-main-242.jpg]

Large Leather Sportsman's Duffle by Duluth Pack-$475
[Image: leather-duffel-square.jpg]

Medium Italian Leather Duffle by Cenzo-$199
[Image: CenzoDufflePage2.jpg]

So once you have your new duffle how do you use it? Duffles are perfect for planned overnight stays at hotels or the house of girls or friends. I have a medium sized duffle and I can easily fit a complete change of clothes (shirt pants, socks, underwear ) and another pair of shoes plus personal hygiene kit in it. If I really stuff it, I can get in two changes of clothes. A larger duffle would easily accommodate two changes of clothes and probably three, thus becoming “weekender” bags.
Just as important though is the duffle’s use in unplanned stays and events. Anytime I go on a date, out to cold approach or to any social event, I carry a packed duffle in my vehicle.
It contains the following:

1 Shirt
1 Pants
1 pair socks
1 pair underwear
1 pair shoes (that go with above outfit if pair I’m wearing don’t)
1 belt (sometimes, if belt I’m wearing doesn’t go with spare outfit)

Personal Hygiene Kit- in a zip lock bag and placed in a plastic shopping bag to prevent leaks:

Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Floss
Mouthwash
Spare contact lenses
Contact lens case
Contact lens solution
Pack of wet wipes
Swiss Army Knife
Razor
Hair Gel
Cigarette lighter
Cologne

This will get you through an evening, a night and on through the next day and night if necessary without having to return home or buy anything. If an item of your clothing suffers a rip or a stain, you have a replacement. You have a full other set of clothing to change into the next day or night. You can refresh your oral hygiene and cologne as necessary.

In some cases you will need to practice operational security. If you’re on a date with a girl that just happens to turn into an allnighter or pick up a girl for a ONS, it won’t look good to whip out your packed luggage at her place. That would be a real spontaneity killer. In those cases I simply go to my vehicle and pull out my contact lens supplies and a toothbrush; if she raises an eyebrow I explain that I always carry these in the vehicle for emergency purposes. You can get away with this.

The medium sized bags are small enough to be carried on urban public transport, as a carryon on a flight or by hand if you need to walk, so the bags are quite versatile. Personally, my cheap nylon duffle has served me well, but I'm going to upgrade soon to a really nice canvas or leather bag that should last me for at least a decade

By the way, apparently both "duffle" and duffel" are considered correct spellings.

Buy a duffle- you won't regret it.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Messages In This Thread