rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bright Light Therapy for Regularizing Sleep and Reducing Depression and Anxiety

Bright Light Therapy for Regularizing Sleep and Reducing Depression and Anxiety

Quote: (09-01-2014 05:30 PM)SteveCR Wrote:  

Nevermind, I answered my own question with a small amount of research.

A light box is beneficial in the absence of sunlight, if you rarely get adequate sunlight. I would assume that most of us do not do this. Very interesting article, OP. I live not too far from the equator, and I get about 1-2 hours of sunlight per day, but I know plenty of people who rarely get sunlight at all.

Thanks for the article.

You're welcome, but this is not really the correct conclusion. Bright light therapy can be beneficial to many people who are having trouble setting and maintaining a good consistent sleeping schedule, as well as people who suffer from anxiety and depression.

Again, the key is not just exposure to sunlight at any time. The key is to get sufficiently intense exposure at a consistent time every morning (shortly after you wake up). That is what entrains you to a correct circadian rhythm.

Finally, I'm not saying everyone should go out and get a light box. If you're sleeping well and have no problems with anxiety or depression, there is no need to do anything. This is for those who have a problem that needs to be addressed.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Messages In This Thread