rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do women empathize with animals, and not people?

Why do women empathize with animals, and not people?

So many chicks I talk to about animals think they're doing some great humanitarian service to the world by avoiding eating meat and wearing PETA tshirts. They undoubtedly saw one of those exposé videos on factory farming and were "appalled" (they fatten up and kill animals before they're turned into meat...? holy shit, who knew!?). The topic of animal abuse/neglect in general sends them into an irrational fervor, just look at the stupid things that have been blown out of proportion like with Michael Vick and Melissa Bachman. If a pet of theirs dies, they become a sobbing basket case for a week.

Try talking to her about the treatment of women in Muslim countries, political prison camps in North Korea, AIDS and rape epidemics in Africa, the skyhigh suicide rate among middle aged white men, the rampant gang violence among young black men... And they can rarely even feign an emotional response.

I find this utterly creepy.
It's not so much the compassion for animals, that I can understand, it's the juxtaposition with them absolutely not giving a shit about human life.
Why is this?

Messages In This Thread