rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Internalizing Inner Game Beliefs

Internalizing Inner Game Beliefs

A lot of inner game simply boils down to not giving a fuck!! You approach a girl, she blows you out and says your breath stinks and your ugly, so what, she's a stupid bitch, who probably goes out just to reject guys to feel good about herself. Most guys would emotionally/psychologically be devastated by such a rejection, I know I would have, and it probably would have put me in a sad/depressed state all night.

I rarely get completely "blown out" by chicks when doing approaches these days, but it still happens and when a friend/wingman witnesses it, they're always like "damn dude, that's gotta hurt", and I'm just like "meh, she's a dumb bitch", and keep on rolling. Now this takes a fair amount of social conditioning to reach this level, a lot of it is just exposing yourself to women, putting yourself out there, doing "approaches", etc. No one bats a 100%, so rejection in some form is inevitable and if you're a newbie or average in looks/height/status, then you may get rejected more times than not.

Like the previous post by "DeliciousWolf", a lot of inner game is about overcoming self-limiting beliefs. Most guys inadvertantly engage in "self sabotage" and cock block themselves, when they tell themselves that the girl is "too pretty, cool, popular, she probably has a boyfriend, she'll never like me, etc...", they build up all these reasons in their heads why things won't work, and never even make the attempt, or enter with a weak, unconfident "frame."

I take solace with the zen approach to "picking up women", I am by no means an advanced player of this game, but I have come light years from where I was a year and a half ago, before I discovered Roosh, "game", and read bang. I used to be ruled by my approach anxiety, fear of rejection, and self limiting beliefs, to such an extreme that I could barely look a beautiful women in the eye and muster up the courage to say hello. Seriously, those basic things seemed like "climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro", and it was all in my head.

When I speak of the zen approach, I am mostly referring to "detachment" from outcome. Obviously, if I approach an attractive girl that I am sexually interested in, I have the intent of driving the interaction forward, whether that mean making out, getting her number, or taking her home. However, I don't let the outcome of that interaction dictate my happiness, self worth, or mental state. If she blows me out and tells me I'm ugly, whatever. If she says I'm the sexiest guy she's ever seen, and wants to swallow my cum, that's cool, but I don't let effect me too much either. Whatever happens, I go with the flow. It's all about going with the flow.

Messages In This Thread