rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I buy a DSLR or camcorder?

Should I buy a DSLR or camcorder?

The videos are looking better already:

The lighting is much improved, but I see that your forehead is a bit over-exposed (too much light compared to other areas). A few ways to fix it:

- try to soften the light by putting a semi-transparent material between it and yourself.

- another option: use more lamps to even out the light. The light source in that video is from above, so you may wish to place some lamps on the floor to give more even coverage (notice the shadow on your neck and eyes). Don't worry about the video being too bright; the camera will automatically adjust to account for that. The main concerns are to get even lighting, and to ensure that all lights are of the same colour (all fluorescent or all regular incandescent - don't mix different kinds of lamps). Frosted lamps usually work well and don't need any diffusion.

- lastly, a better camera will have more dynamic range, which means it won't be as affected by differences the amount of lighting.

Also, a video editing tip: when combining multiple recordings into a single video, using a transition effect (fade, dissolve, wipe) makes it less obvious that the video is not seamless.

Messages In This Thread