rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why are the Manosphere and Commercialized Game still separate?

Why are the Manosphere and Commercialized Game still separate?

My first introduction to game was through David DeAngelo. He never referred to the Manosphere. The Game (book) does not mention anything about the Manosphere. I used to be into Mystery Method / Love Systems, they never mentioned the Manosphere. I checked out Simple Pickup - no mention of the Manosphere. Eventually I settled for RSD. Still no mention of the Manosphere anywhere.

In The Netherlands, where I'm at, RSD has a large influence. Most game guys I know are into RSD. This suggests to me that RSD is probably the largest commercial pick-up company at the moment. Their videos get tens of thousands of views on youtube - they never mention the Manosphere.

From my perspective, the Manosphere has a shitload of free and solid information. Rational Male is better at explaining theory than RSD Tyler. It is generally of benefit to anyone involved in game. But I don't hear the Manosphere discussing the commercial pick-up companies either. Not much mention of RSD, Simple Pickup, Love Systems or David DeAngelo. It's as if the Manosphere is completely separate from the commercial game outfits and they ignore eachother.

My question is why?

Based on the size of their facebook groups, the amount of subscribers to their youtube channels and the popularity of their forum, I'd estimate RSD has an active fanbase of 30,000 people. Simple Pickup maybe more, around 50,000. Sasha Daygame maybe 20,000. It makes me wonder what the size of the Manosphere might be. Larger? Smaller? Similar?

Considering the obvious overlap between Manosphere and PUA, considering how much value these two internet communities might have to offer to each other, why do they remain separate?

Messages In This Thread