rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The slow death of California

The slow death of California

Quote: (08-21-2014 07:51 PM)CaP7 Wrote:  

My gas/electric bill in Santa Monica is less than $35/month. Take Dallas for instance. Apts in Uptown are $1100 (abt?). Tack on ac and heat of $150. Then go try and find a job making $100k. I'd be at $80k comparatively in Dallas. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Not Miami. Salaries suck in Vegas. NYC? Hope you like 60-hour weeks and the indoors.

If we were say comparing NYC to Dallas, there is the issue of needing a car for every situation, automobile repairs, finding reliable mechanic that won't fuck you over if you're a transplant with no connections, car insurance, gas, and the car breakins that occur in nice apartment complexes where all the young professionals live. One BR apts in Uptown are going for about $1500.00+ now btw....

Quote: (08-21-2014 07:51 PM)CaP7 Wrote:  

Sure, its more expensive to drink here. But, its a hell of a lot less expensive to do other cool shit. Year round too. Try jogging in Dallas on the Katy trail. If a biker doesn't kill you, you can do it for abt 6 months of the year comfortably. One of many examples.

Meanwhile, I can surf in January in sunshine...for free. One of many examples.

Due to most people living outside of Dallas in the Metroplex, you're also going to see the same fucking people over & over again jogging on the Katy Trail. There is a huge bubble syndrome residing in the city whereas "urban lifestyles" were meant to liberate people. Maybe I'm a bit delusional, but I workout to for the sole purpose of "forgetting" about shit.

Then again these are the negatives of Dallas living though I'm a fan of the Metroplex overall.

Messages In This Thread